Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [property_tree] Compilation Problem when #including <boost/property_tree/json_parser.hpp>
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-12 02:09:59

On 12/02/2014 19:58, Quoth Adi Shavit:
> I do not know where ERROR is occuring. But it is certainly not a
> good idea to have an enumeration name be a common all-uppercase name.
>

> That's true. But still, having commonly named MACROs introduced by a
> 3rd-party header is even less ideal.

Have you tried searching for ERROR in Boost and your CRT headers?

In 1.53 at least this is not defined by any Boost headers.

But if you're on Windows then this *is* defined by the Windows SDK. So
it is never valid to use this as an identifier in programs compiled for
Windows (or at least, not without undefining it first).

The Windows SDK defines a very large number of such macros, several even
in PascalCase. So you always need to watch out for these.