Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Minimum perfect matching
From: Aaron Windsor (aaron.windsor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-12 09:50:57

Hi Paolo,

Yes, the Christofides algorithm requires a minimum weight perfect matching,
and unfortunately there's no simple reduction from the problem of finding a
weighted matching to the problem of finding a maximum cardinality matching.
I haven't used metric_tsp_approx before, but if you're just adding one node
n to an already complete graph and connecting it to s and d, could you just
add all of the other edges between n and other nodes in the graph and set
those edge weights to "infinity" (something bigger than the sum of all of
the edge weights in the graph) to force metric_tsp_approx to avoid those
edges?

-Aaron