Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost or Standard when there is the choice?
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-17 07:46:48

On 16 February 2014 19:34, Joaquin M Lopez Munoz <joaquin_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> See http://tinyurl.com/okou28x for the actual implementation. You might
> want to try someting similar in Boost.Unordered.

I saw this in your code a little while ago and tried it, and it is
faster than the old implementation, but it's still slower than the
newer version, because of the way I find the bucket for a node. I
cache the mixed hash function in a node, rather than the original hash
function, so that the bucket for a node can be found with a single
'and' operation. This can be done several times when searching for a
node, so even an optimised modulus is notably slower. Of course this
doesn't apply to MultiIndex as you use a different data structure.