Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [units] slowness dimension
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-18 00:03:37

On 18/02/2014 11:50, Quoth Michael Powell:
>> It's fairly straightforward to define your own custom dimensions using
>> Boost.Units, especially when they're based on the existing dimensions and
>> base units.
>>
>> You can do this in your application code, without touching Boost.Units
>> itself.
>
> I get that. However that's why I mention it here in the event there's
> some process for folding in other, potentially value-added physical
> dimensions into the library.

If it's something you think should be included in the standard Boost
distribution, then you can submit a Trac ticket suggesting it. It's
more likely to go through if you also include a patch that adds it
(following the same style as the existing code). But that's up to the
maintainer of the library.