Subject: [Boost-users] relocation R_X86_64_32 against
From: Koteswara Rao Ruvva (ruvva_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-03 15:35:29

Hello All, I'm a newbie to this mailing list. I am trying to build static boost libraries and link to my libraries. I used  ./bjam debug link=static cxxflags="-std=c++0x" stage to build the boost libraries. When I build my libraries (shared or static)  with linking to boost libraries, I get the following error:  libboost_regex.a(instances.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.bss' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC libboost_regex.a: could not read symbols: Bad value Then I tried adding -fPIC while building my boost libraries. Didn't help. Any suggestions. Thank you Kotesh