Subject: Re: [Boost-users] managed shared memory with basic_string
From: Sean K (sk92129_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-07 19:01:32

now another problem has arisen since related to this managed shared memory.

When the server is started and is running as root, the client cannot access
or write to that shared memory unless the client is also running as root.

How can that shared memory be accessed by a non-root ?

The server is allowed or must run as root so that it can do some root only
operation with that string passed from the managed shared memory.

--
Sean