Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost::thread] Starting thread at specific time
From: reminisc3_at_[hidden]
Date: 2014-03-09 10:17:54

That would be excellent. I did a lot of experimenting with the cross platform sleep() and sleep_for() methods as well as the Windows API Sleep().

The conclusion I have from my tests, are that any type of sleep function ( on Windows at least) is absolutely unpredictable. For the precision I need to start a thread on a certain hour, I couldn't rely on sleep.

I had to go the route of scheduled tasks for the app I'm developing. Linux has Sigalrm but Windows really has nothing to offer but the task scheduler.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.