Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Problems with Boost 1.41
From: Ben Pope (benpope81_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-09 23:42:02

On Sunday, March 09, 2014 06:05 PM, Ксения Сафина wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to build this
> http://vina.scripps.edu/manual.html#build program using Boost 1.41.
>
> 'make' command gives me a large amount of errors:

snip

> error: #error
> "Threading support unavaliable: it has been explicitly disabled with
> BOOST_DISABLE_THREADS"

snip

> error: #error
> "Sorry, no boost threads are available for this platform."

snip

> Could anyone help me to understand what do these all errors mean?

I think the error messages are quite clear.

> I'm on Ubuntu 13.04, gcc version is 4.7.3 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.7.3-1ubuntu1)

I hesitate to ask, but what architecture is your platform?

Boost 1.41 was tested with gcc 4.4.1 on Ubuntu (and some older
compilers), the platform is not mentioned, but it's probably x86 or
x86_64. It's possible that you need to modify the compiler
configuration to accept the newer gcc and/or libstdc++.

Ben