Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [log] BOOST_LOG_GLOBAL_LOGGER_* in DLL
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-20 18:26:37

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 8:41 PM, Michael Marcin <mike.marcin_at_[hidden]>wrote

> Unfortunately it is not managed, but thanks for the tip in any event.

"If your application consists of more than one module (e.g. an exe and one
or several dll's) that use Boost.Log, the library must be built as a shared
object. If you have a single executable or a single module that works with
Boost.Log, you may build the library as a static library."
Source:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_55_0/libs/log/doc/html/log/installation/config.html

Are you sure you did compile Boost.Log itself as a dll too?

In my setup I'm "cheating": I have my own specific logging interface
exposed by one module (dll) which internally uses a static versdion of
Boost.Log, which is equivalent to haveing Boost.Log as a dll in some ways.