Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost and Android NDK
From: Igor R (boost.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-22 16:52:21

> I would like to use Boost on Nexus tablets. I have used Boost at the moment on desktop systems (OSX, Linux, Windows), so my question can I use Boost e.g. random, asio, ublas, … on a Nexus?

I don't know about Random and uBlas specifically, but as for Asio and
most of other libs, they used to build with Android NDK toolchains w/o
any special issue. The only issue I remember of is the lack of wchar_t
related functions in the past version of the NDK (don't know whether
this's fixed in the recent one).

> I would like to build Boost myself, so imho I must build Boost with the NDK compilers and linker, is this correct?
> Can I build Boost libs in "one shot"? So the NDK has got tools for arm-linux, mipsel-linux and so on. Does anybody can tell me any hopeful tips to use Boost with Android

See the following link:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17667978/using-boost-in-android-ndk-with-windows/17672227#17672227
(Some compiler flags are unneeded now, but in general it should work.)