Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost::future and when_all => compile error "call to deleted constructor"
From: Tobias Oberstein (tobias.oberstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-26 14:56:31

Hi Vicente,

>> I am using Boost trunk from GitHub (since only that has when_all etc).
>>
> You will be able to have it for Boost 1.56 (it is already on master)

This is awesome! I am coming back to C++ after a couple of years .. and
the improvements are great.

FWIW, I am implementing WAMP (http://wamp.ws/), a messaging protocol
that provides RPC and PubSub, in C++11.

The nifty thing is, I can talk over stdio to a WAMP router (which spawns
the C++ program), and using "futures" and continuations, it seems I'll
be able to get away without any threads _and_ without (necessarily) ASIO.

I got "call" and "publish" already working

https://github.com/tavendo/AutobahnCpp/blob/master/test/test7.cpp

I am doing my own "poor man's" event loop on std::cin (#L118) .. but it
should be pluggable onto ASIO in the end as well.

Now I am tackling "register" (being called) and "subscribe" (receiving
events).

> there are two errors
> (1) You need to move the futures
> (2) You can not use then() on a future and next try to get the value.
> You need to store the result of then on another future.

Thanks a bunch! I understand better now. In the meantime, I also got
some feedback on StackOverflow .. basically stating the same. And it
works for me now.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22664296/using-boostfuture-with-continuations-and-boostwhen-all

Thanks again for helping and the great work!! I am looking forward to
1.56 ..

Cheers,
/Tobias