Subject: [Boost-users] [Graph] Questions and remarks
From: Albert Yiamakis (vkicefire_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-06 07:14:30

Hello,

Some questions and remarks regarding Boost.Graph:

i) Why does write_graphviz require a VertexEdgeListGraph? I was unable
to invoke it on an adjacency_list using sets as containers for vertices
and edges; instead I had to switch to vectors. However, the function is
meant to output - does the efficiency of the traversal really matter?

ii) Would it be possible to mutate the graph in the visitors of an
algorithm? For instance, generating the graph during a breadth-first
search, by adding vertices and edges. Presumably, it would be the user's
responsibility to color the vertices appropriately. (Interestingly,
visitors take a non-const reference to the graph - but compilation
failed at some other point).

iii) The documentation of the distance_recorder states that

"A WritablePropertyMap where the key type and the value type are the
vertex descriptor type of the graph."

which has to be a mistake. It seems this has already been pointed out in
the past
(http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/BGL-distance-recorder-td2571349.html)

but is yet to be corrected.

Albert