Subject: [Boost-users] [test]Legacy support - Boost 1.34.1 with MSVC 6
From: Kerry, Richard (richard.kerry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-08 12:05:13

I've just started trying to use Boost's Test module.
Trouble is I'm still stuck with Visual Studio 6(SP6), so I believe I need to stick with Boost 1.34.1 as the last properly supported for VC6.

I'm having trouble getting the examples even to compile (ie exec_mon_example.cpp). Does anyone have any pointers to known incompatibilities between Boost 1.34.1 and VC6SP6 ? Or whether there is a more recent version where the Test module will work with VC6 ?

I am well aware of how old VC6 is and would like to move forward. The major aim of getting Boost.Test working with VC6 is to give some confidence that any port to VC12 is working satisfactorily.

Regards,
Richard.

Richard Kerry
BNCS Engineer, SI SOL Telco & Media Vertical Practice

T: +44 (0)20 3618 2669
M: +44 (0)7812 325518
Lync: +44 (0) 20 3618 0778
Room G300, Stadium House, Wood Lane, London, W12 7TA
richard.kerry_at_[hidden]<mailto:richard.kerry_at_[hidden]>

Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) 1.jpg
Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) 2.jpg