Subject: Re: [Boost-users] conflicting intmax_t definitions - Boost 1.53 and gcc 4.8 incompatibility?
From: Nevin Liber (nevin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-09 17:37:56

On 20 January 2014 07:21, John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Yes, there are some using namespace boost statements, and some of them are
>> before some includes... but why would that suddenly break when it was
>> working before I upgraded? Is boost now defining its own intmax_t (and
>> other such tings, like uint64_t) where it wasn't before?
>>

> No, nothing in that part of Boost has changed for some time I believe.

It appears the underlying type of boost::uint64_t did change from unsigned
long to unsigned long long with the latest Ubuntu release, while
std::uint64_t is still an unsigned long. We found this to be the case with
gcc 4.7 and Boost 1.51, anyway.

Just an FYI,
 Nevin :-)

--
 Nevin ":-)" Liber  <mailto:nevin_at_[hidden]>  (847) 691-1404