Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Is selective header including supposed to work?
From: Johannes Lorenz (johannes89_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-14 02:47:59

Joel de Guzman wrote:
> It should work, but the savings in compile time will be minimal.
> If you want to reduce compile and build time, follow the example
> in the compiler tutorial from calc7 up. The trick is to modularize
> your grammars and put the definitions in separate cpp files (TUs).

I think I start getting how it works. However, the dependency between statement and expression is not circular in calc7: expression seems to have no knowledge about statement.

So if my dependency is circular (like e.g. expression and factor in calc2_ast), is it possible to separate them, as you suggest?

Also, is there any documentation for calc7 or about TUs (what does TU mean?)?

Again, many thanks for your kind answers.