Subject: [Boost-users] [Boost-Interprocess] Suggested approach for message_queue with dynamically sized messages
From: Rob Conde (rob.conde_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-14 19:49:43

I want to use boost::interprocess and message_queue...however, the need to specify a max message size is an inhibitor because my message data doesn't necessarily have a limit in size. What is the suggested approach for this scenario? The best I can think of at the moment is to have a "start object" and "stop object" message, and then a "data" message. Then I just send the object in chunks of max_msg_size and reconstitute on the other side. This is all quite possible of course, but if there was a prescribed way to handle this without opening myself to these complexities it would be nice.

Thanks in advance,
Rob Conde