Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Iostream] how to build iostream with zlib on windows
From: Norbert Wenzel (norbert.wenzel.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-16 09:12:45

On 16.04.2014 13:14, Pritesh Acharya wrote:
> Boost version: 1.55.0
> OS: Windows 8
> IDE: Visual Studio 2010
> Is there a good tutorial on building boost iostream with zlib on windows.
> I looked over reference manual but with no solution. I did download zlib
> dll and source code and made reference in visual studio. I have link
> error on
> gzip_decompressor();

I build all our Boost libs in our company using the following batch
file. Iostreams is built using Zlib and Bzip2:

@REM build bjam
@call bootstrap.bat

@REM BZIP2 files
set NO_BZIP2=0
set BZIP2_INCLUDE=H:\bzip2-1.0.6\
set BZIP2_SOURCE=H:\bzip2-1.0.6\

@REM ZLIB files
set NO_ZLIB=0
set ZLIB_INCLUDE=H:\zlib-1.2.7\
set ZLIB_SOURCE=H:\zlib-1.2.7\

@REM explicitly enable compression
set NO_COMPRESSION=0

@REM the actual call to boost build
b2 -j 8 --toolset=msvc-10.0 address-model=32 --build-type=complete stage
mkdir stage\Win32\
move stage\lib\* stage\Win32\
b2 -j 8 --toolset=msvc-10.0 address-model=64 --build-type=complete stage
mkdir stage\Win64\
move stage\lib\* stage\Win64\

Norbert