Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Memory leak in boost::filesystems::parent_path()?
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-24 07:06:37

On 23 Apr 2014 at 9:24, Bertwim van Beest wrote:

> You say 'should be fixed by now'. But I have a recent OS, openSuSe 13.1,
> regularly updated.
> version of libstdc== is: 4.8.1.
>
> Do you know if the bug actually has been fixed?

I had understood it's fixed in trunk. Might have been backported to
4.9.

I'd just add the relevant reports to a default suppressions file for
the system and never worry about them again. Unfortunately, there is
also undefined behaviour in libstdc++ which triggers a clang
undefined behaviour sanitiser report every program run which cannot
be easily suppressed, but is also apparently fixed in 4.9 - until
then you have to use sed to filter the reports so the CI reports
green :(

Niall

--
Currently unemployed and looking for work in Ireland.
Work Portfolio: http://careers.stackoverflow.com/nialldouglas/