Subject: Re: [Boost-users] allocating shared memory fails beyond 8 GB
From: vipin sachdeva (vipin.sachdeva_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-29 17:23:51

It is error code 13; basically I would like to find out out beforehand how
much maximum shared memory (using MemFree from /proc/meminfo, sysctl info
etc) I can allocate on a machine and only make an allocation that big , and
only allocate a segment of that size. Are there any other system variables
I need to consider ? Thanks.

Error ID 13
'boost::interprocess::interprocess_exception'
  what(): Cannot allocate memory

Regards
vipin