Subject: Re: [Boost-users] porting boost threads
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-06 23:58:27

On 7/05/2014 09:42, quoth Jono Poff:
> One of my old wrapper classes typedefs
> boost::detail::thread::scoped_lock<boost::recursive_mutex> which seems
> to be missing from the latest version. Replaced with
> boost::mutex::scoped_lock perhaps? I expect to find other changes i
> thread...

In general, you should not use anything in any "detail" namespace --
these are internal implementation details (hence the name) and are not
guaranteed to survive from one release to another.

Most of Boost's public API is usually pretty stable. (And in cases when
it's not, it's usually documented.)

> Can anyone point me to an explanation of changes to Boost thread that
> would help smooth this transition.

Have you read the Boost.Thread library docs at the Boost website? And
the Boost release changelogs?