Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Asio] async_read_until is passing no error and bytes_transferred of zero to handler
From: Marcano, Gabriel E (gmarcano_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-08 10:21:01

>> Based on my searching, the closest bugs to what I'm experiencing seem
>> to be these ones:
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/8933
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/8967
>
> Have you not tried applying the patches these issues provide and see
> what happens?

I had not tried this earlier because I thought the patch proposed for
ticket 8933 had been merged with the release branch. Upon checking,
I noticed my assumption was incorrect. I patched my boost files and
this did not solve my problem. I was hesitant to apply the patch from
8967 due to the discussion on that ticket (and it's invalid status),
but I applied it now to test and it did not help either. I had to
comment out a lot more on_pending calls that were not being commented
out by the patch in order to get the patched code to compile. I can
still reproduce the error.

Gabriel

On 7 May 2014 at 18:00, Marcano, Gabriel E wrote:

> Based on my searching, the closest bugs to what I'm experiencing seem to be
> these ones:
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/8933
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/8967

Have you not tried applying the patches these issues provide and see
what happens?

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting