Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [ASIO] [Solved] Multicast Regression?
From: Aaron_Wright_at_[hidden]
Date: 2014-05-13 12:31:11

I'm not 100% sure why, but this was caused by linking with winsock32. As
soon as I stopped linking with that old library, the multicasting worked
like a charm.

---
Aaron Wright
From:   Aaron_Wright_at_[hidden]
To:     boost-users_at_[hidden]
Date:   05/13/2014 05:56 AM
Subject:        [Boost-users] [ASIO] Multicast Regression?
Sent by:        "Boost-users" <boost-users-bounces_at_[hidden]>
I previously used ASIO from Boost 1.49 to send out multicast UDP messages
up to 64K bytes in size without a problem. Now with ASIO from Boost 1.55 I
can't seem to send out a multicast UDP message greater than 1500 bytes. I
get this error:
   Code=1784
   Category=system
   Message=The supplied user buffer is not valid for the requested
operation
I've looked at the code between Boost 1.49 and 1.55,
(basic_datagram_socket.hpp, datagram_socket_services.hpp,
win_iocp_socket_service_base.hpp and ipp) and very little has changed. Am
I missing something that changed between the two?
I'm using Windows and Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 for both 1.49 and 1.55.
Hopefully someone has an idea of where to look. Thanks.
---
Aaron Wright