Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost test and openmpi
From: Richard (legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-19 15:23:14

boost-users_at_[hidden] spake the secret code
<EF0D056B-3640-465C-A404-78D62F563E2C_at_[hidden]> thusly:

>A global fixture seems like a more appropriate solution than
>implementing main().
>
>BOOST_GLOBAL_FIXTURE
>http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_55_0/libs/test/doc/html/utf/user-guide/fixture/global.html

A global fixture doesn't work quite the way you think it does. It is
possible for test cases to execute before your global fixture has been
instantiated.

That is, a global fixture is only "global" for a single translation
unit and not multiple translation units. Therefore, I recommend using
a custom implementation of main instead of a global fixture, since
this *really* should only be done once per process and not the way
global fixtures work.

     The Computer Graphics Museum <http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>
  Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>