Subject: Re: [Boost-users] compilinmg boost On windows without including the Boost version number or the name and version number of the compiler
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-26 19:07:32

On 26/05/2014 19:35, quoth Abolfazl Seyed Javadein:
> I want to compile boost on my pc and get it's libs without Boost version
> number or the name and version number of the compiler
> like "libboost_date_time.lib"

Why? If you're using autolinking (which you should be using on Windows)
then the name of the libraries is completely unimportant, since you
don't have to put it into any scripts or project properties.

(And it's in your best interest to include Boost and compiler versions
in those names, to prevent accidentally getting the wrong one.
Mismatches can go quite wrong, sometimes in very subtle and hard to
trace ways.)