Subject: [Boost-users] Boost Voronoi: Automate creation of graph for indoor navigation
From: Stadin, Benjamin (Benjamin.Stadin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-14 11:22:15

Hi all,

I’m provided with geometry data for buildings. The data contains info about the „feature“ type of a geometry (floor, room, stairway, elevator). Now I need to automate the creation of an indoor routing graph (room-to-room navigation) to minimize manual works later on.
This is not for a robot scenario – the line parts will be shown on a map application. Therefore it should also look good (routing edges should be centered etc).

This is new land for me and I’ll will be grateful for advise how to achieve this. My initial thought is that Voronoi may be helpful. But this alone will probably not be sufficient.

Any pointers and examples welcome.

Thanks
Ben