Subject: [Boost-users] Boost.python with custom (Anaconda) python installation on Mac OSX
From: Gianluca Meneghello (gianmail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-09 11:39:47

Dear all,

Sorry for asking a probably basic question, I have been trying to use boost.
python with Anaconda python (https://store.continuum.io/cshop/anaconda/)
 on Mac OSX without success.

My current installation works with the standard OSX python, for example by
running the test in boost_1_55_0/libs/python/example/quickstart using the
following command:

$/usr/bin/python test_extending.py

where /usr/bin/python is the default OSX python.

In contrast the command:

$python test_extending.py

where python is the custom Anaconda one fails with

Trying:
    from extending import *
Expecting nothing
Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread
Abort trap: 6

I understand this is due to boost linking the wrong python --- i.e. the
system python instead of the Anaconda one - -- but I cannot make up my mind
on how to change this, despite the fact that the project-config.jam file
created by bootstrap.sh seems to correctly point to the anaconda
installation.

Please let me know if I can provide more details.

Thanks in advance for your help,

gianluca