Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [test] Bluegene/Q issue: sigaltstack
From: Richard (legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-11 16:37:34

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Ewart_Timoth=E9e?= <timothee.ewart_at_[hidden]> spake the secret code
<3F0DC072-CE4D-4EB2-973A-E65CC904ABA6_at_[hidden]> thusly:

>Into Boost, this macro is defined between a !defined
>

># if !defined(__CYGWIN__) && !defined(__QNXNTO__)
># define BOOST_TEST_USE_ALT_STACK
># endif
>
>Should we add a C++ macro provided by the compiled to disable this define ?

That seems to be the right thing to do since sigaltstack doesn't
appear to be valid on your platform.

Can you verify that this function is not supported on Bluegene/Q?

If it is not supported, then it seems that the right change is to add
a check for __bgq__ or __bg__ and not define BOOST_TEST_USE_ALT_STACK
if the appropriate symbol is defined.

If it is supported, we need to dig into why you are getting a crash.
I would have expected you to get a link error, not a runtime error, if
the function was unsupported, but perhaps it isn't supported and the
implementation is just provided somewhere from gcc and you get a crash
anyway.

     The Computer Graphics Museum <http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>
  Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>