Subject: [Boost-users] [mpl] BOOST_MPL_ASSERT_MSG for static_assert
From: Michael Powell (mwpowellhtx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-23 09:04:55

Hello,

I would like to add some diagnostic messages during compile time,
potentially enumerating one or more types as well.

static_assert is great for simple messages but falls a bit short due
to inability to list types and such.

I wonder if BOOST_MPL_ASSERT_MSG is the right answer, however, I am
getting the following errors:

BOOST_MPL_ASSERT_MSG(
    std::is_base_of<xnode, Node>::value
    , "requested type is not a node"
    , (types<node_type>)
    );

1>i:\source\kingdom software\cppxml\xml\domain\parts\xnode.h(111):
warning C4002: too many actual parameters for macro
'BOOST_MPL_ASSERT_MSG'

It's an error message, but not the one(s) I am expecting. Do I need to
enable something, preprocessor definition, something like that?

Best regards,

Michael Powell