Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Globbing library?
From: Richard (legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-08 23:28:09

Nat Goodspeed <nat_at_[hidden]> spake the secret code
<CAKQaxCZXgeEhkSm4d7q1Rzbb+WJmgYoC9Ec+HcHguwH6UrBuYw_at_[hidden]> thusly:

>On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 10:04 AM, Andrew Marlow <marlow.agents_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Globbing is pattern matching using conventions that grew up with unix but
>> have been widely copied to other operating systems and environments. The
>> rules for the patterns are very different to regular expressions and
>> somewhat simpler.
>
>For what it's worth, I believe you can mechanically translate glob
>patterns to regular expressions and use the regex engine of your
>choice.

It would be handy to have a library that provided globbing as a
simplifying facade around std::regex.

     The Computer Graphics Museum <http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>
  Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>