Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Serialization] 1.56.0 - unregistered_class exception while using EXPORTs
From: aragonsr (todd.seiler_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-19 21:40:49

It's on load.

I'm just testing with a single derived class.

My base class is an abstract polymorphic base class. So I didn't use
"base_object<BaseType *>(this)" in the derived class. Is this correct?
There's nothing in the base class to serialize. it sounds like you're
telling me, even if it's abstract, I should go ahead and use
"base_object<BaseType *>(this)"? I'll give that a shot.. I guess..

I meant examples in the documentation. Specifically:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_56_0/libs/serialization/doc/serialization.html#runtimecasting
<http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_56_0/libs/serialization/doc/serialization.html#runtimecasting>

I'm using polymorphic archives throughout the application in all the
object's I'm trying to serialize / deserialize. And I'm explicitly
instantiating the templates like the documentation says.

"But most linkers strip out code which is known to be called."
That doesn't make sense. Do you mean "which is NOT called"?

I didn't know about the dll static lib thing. Never thought about it. This
gives me something to chew on for a while. Thanks!