Boost Users :
Subject: [Boost-users] [review] Formal review period for VMD library begins today, Aug 21, and ends Sat, Aug 30
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-21 10:08:11
The formal review of the VMD library by Edward Diener
starts today, Aug 21st and is scheduled to continue until Aug 30th.
The Variadic Macro Data library is a library
of variadic macros which enhance the functionality in
the Boost preprocessor library ( Boost PP ). The main
focus of the library is the parsing/identifying of a subset
of C++ preprocessor data types and of all Boost PP data types.
This allows enhanced preprocessor metaprogramming based on the type of
macro input. The library may also be seen as a repository for
future enhancements to the Boost PP library functionality using
Where to get it
The library is available on github at
Reviews should be submitted to the developer list
(boost_at_[hidden]), with '[vmd]' in the subject. Or if you
don't wish to for some reason, you can send them privately to me. If
so, please let me know whether or not you'd like your review to be
forwarded to the list.
For your review you may wish to consider the following questions:
- What is your evaluation of the design?
- What is your evaluation of the implementation?
- What is your evaluation of the documentation?
- What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the
- Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you
have any problems?
- How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A
quick reading? In-depth study?
- Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?
And finally, every review should answer this question:
- Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library?
Be sure to say this explicitly so that your other comments don't
obscure your overall opinion.
Boost-users list run by williamkempf at hotmail.com, kalb at libertysoft.com, bjorn.karlsson at readsoft.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, wekempf at cox.net