Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.ASIO calling handler guarantees
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-23 08:25:06

On 22 Aug 2014 at 12:00, Sorin Fetche wrote:

> This is the other aspect I raised in my email from a year ago; how
> come close() functions fail in Boost.Asio and what is one supposed to
> do with that failure at least in the context of commit/rollback?

I appreciate how annoying it is when unit tests fail due to no cause.

But equally, most big iron users of ASIO never need to worry about
running out of memory. And most embedded users are the same. So that
leaves only a segment in between, and as I mentioned, a custom
allocator fixes that too.

I'm sure Chris is open to fixing blatent exception safety failures.
But I am also sure that where user code could be designed better,
he'll take the view that potential performance is more important than
holding the hand of user code's exception safety.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/