Subject: Re: [Boost-users] BOOT_PP_REPEAT simple nesting problem
From: Colin Fowler (fowler_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-21 09:24:07

On 21-09-2014 05:46, Matt Calabrese wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 6:35 AM, Colin Fowler <fowler_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
>> I've tried nesting BOOST_PP_REPEAT but so far I've been unable to
>> produce the desired behaviour unless I hardcode one of the iteration
>> counts.
>
> To "recurse" you need to use use the BOOST_PP_REPEAT_ <z> form.

Hi Matt,
         thanks for the reply. I've tried working may different
incantations of BOOST_PP_REPEAT_ ## z etc for the past few hours and I'm
getting nowhere fast. Working with the preprocessor is so vastly
different from interacting with the standard c++ environment that I'm
having difficulty grasping the basic concepts and there doesn't seem to
be much in the way of very simple examples anywhere. This is especially
annoying as preprocessor code is difficult to read and the error
messages make little sense. I generally loathe handholding, but in this
case I'm not above asking for a dig out. Any chance you could point out
the obvious to me?

Regards,
          Colin