Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost 1.56 with QT creator, “LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_unit_test_framework-vc100-mt-gd-1_56.lib'”
From: Scott Mueller (smueller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-10-20 14:57:19

Hello Kavita,

>>Hello,
>>
>>I am working on a project of boost unit testing framework using QT creator. I have written a small test program and trying to link "libboost_unit_test_framework-vc100-mt-gd-1_56.lib". This library is present at specified path. But program fails to compile giving said linking error.
>>
>>I searched on net and found that, error should go with "#define BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB". But then, I am getting below error:
>>
>>main.obj:-1: error: LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class boost::unit_test::test_suite * __cdecl init_unit_test_suite(int,char * * const)" (?init_unit_test_suite@@YAPAVtest_suite_at_unit_test_at_boost@@HQAPAD_at_Z) referenced in function _main

I worked on a similar problem last week. You probably have conflicting settings for wchar_t. Apparently, Qt's binaries all have the built-in wchar_t type disabled. You can see this if you use dumpbin on any of their binaries. No wchar_t anywhere. Everything will be const char*. What you need to do is invoke Boost jam with the cxxflags=-Zc:wchar_t- parameter. By default, Boost has Zc:wchar_t set, and setting this flag will override that setting. You can also modify the jamfile to change it to the Zc:wchar_t- version.

Best regards,

M. Scott Mueller