Subject: Re: [Boost-users] c++/cli & file.h
From: Bill Buklis (boostusr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-09 14:46:09

On 12/8/2014 1:02 PM, Daniel Kelly wrote:
> I have been using boost::statechart in a c++/cli application since
> 2009 with no problems. I have also built several boost libraries as
> managed(/clr) with no difficulty. To their credit, Microsoft has done
> a remarkable job allowing native code to seamlessly run in a managed
> assembly. There are some standard library headers that won't build
> but MS generally provides c++/cli equivalents.
>
> On Monday, December 8, 2014, It neophyte <phdlux85_at_[hidden]
> <mailto:phdlux85_at_[hidden]>> wrote:
>
> hi
>
> quick question: could boost headers (.h) be complied in c++/cli
> project?
>
> I was told, no by someone, but need further feedback to be sure.
>
> Thanks

I've been using boost in a mixed c++/cli just fine for quite some time.
The only problem I had was the pool library. It's been a while, but I
believe just merely including the header refused to link. I didn't
actually need it in that project, so I never bothered to investigate why
or if there was a workaround.

Otherwise I use boost regularly without problems.

--
Bill