Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [thread] await hangs when using boost::promise/future
From: TONGARI J (tongari95_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-25 07:07:30

vicente.botet_at_[hidden]>:

> Le 17/01/15 14:45, TONGARI J a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>>
>> The sample code is here:
>> https://gist.github.com/jamboree/3b8716ad1922749e77ae
>>
>> The boost::future adaption code is adapted from N4286.
>>
>> Tested with VS2015 preview.
>> If std::promise is passed, the code works fine.
>> Any clue why it hangs if boost::promise is passed?
>>

>> Hi,
>
> I've been working on a possible fix on this branch
> https://github.com/boostorg/thread/tree/fix/blocking_future.
>
> I have found a lot of issues on the current implementation and most of
> them are fixed now (weel at least I think so), however I have yet some
> issues with shared_future::then.
>
> Please, could you give a try to this branch?

Doesn't seem to change the behavior.

That said, I'm not sure what the correct adaption code for boost::future
would be, as you guys pointed out, the code extracted from N4286 isn't
quite correct. And I also found other bugs in their await implementation,
but I'm not sure it's relevant to this problem...

Anyway, thanks for looking into this, though I was just playing with the
proposed await, not really for practical work.