Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [gsoc15] Attn: We need 2015 mentors and project ideas for Boost!
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-30 05:53:45

On 30 Jan 2015 at 7:06, Karsten Ahnert wrote:

> > The GSoC ideas submission process has been changed this year. I'll
> > take the liberty of converting your 2014 idea to the 2015 project
> > idea format, but be aware that without results from a programming
> > competency test a candidate cannot be rated as preferentially chosen
> > over the others. If you can add a suitable programming test to the
> > idea, that would be great.
>
> We already have a programming test and we used it last year. I can
> easily adapt the test for this year.

That's great.

Given the popularity of Math projects, you might wish to consider not
making public the test until applications have closed. That might let
you issue the same test to all safely. If so, simply say on the ideas
page that a test will be issued of X hours estimated duration once
GSoC student applications have closed.

Thanks Karsten.

Niall

---
Boost C++ Libraries Google Summer of Code 2015 admin
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2015