Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Statechart serialization
From: Svein-Eirik (sefboost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-04 02:01:07

Hi

Seeing that the serialization library, since 1.39, supports serialization of
objects that have an overloaded operator new, what is the current state
regarding serialization?

Reason for asking is that we have a large and complex state machine which we
consider implementing using a new state machine library supporting
orthogonal states. Utilizing orthogonal states can reduce complexity in the
legacy state machine. We already have some experience with boost::statechart
and really like how code can be organized and spread over multiple
translation units making it maintainable. But we also require the state
machine to be restored from persistent storage and without some sort of
serialization i see no way to restore a state machine utilizing orthogonal
states.

Regards

Svein-Eirik Flasnes