Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [context] Crash in case of exception from a context
From: Nat Goodspeed (nat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-10 12:40:40

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 10:32 AM, <Tamas.Ruszkai_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I use boost::context to implement cooperative multitasking. At the moment I
> use boost 1.57 on Windows 7 with VisualStudio 2013.
>
> Everything works fine until I throw an exception from a context created by
> "boost::context::make_fcontext(.......)".
>
> This guy metioned in his blogpost, that this problem was solved in boost
> 1.53 ("Boost 1.53 has updated and fixed version of boost::context library
> that addresses exactly this problem. "), but somehow I still have the same
> thing in 1.57. Is there some special preprocessor flag (#define) that I have
> to activate to get this fix?

That contradicts what the Boost 1.57 documentation itself says [0]:

"Exceptions in context-function
If the context-function emits an exception, the behaviour is undefined.

(!) Important
context-function should wrap the code in a try/catch block."

[0] http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_57_0/libs/context/doc/html/context/context.html