Subject: [Boost-users] [polygon] Voronoi diagram: weird results
From: Jeremy Murphy (jeremy.william.murphy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-27 02:32:10

Hi,

I started using the voronoi_diagram functionality recently and am getting
some weird results that I need help interpreting. Here is an example:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9-L1xN12iKVYUlMb1hLY0FEMWs&authuser=0

What you can see here is a salmon (?) coloured layer of polygons (input)
underneath a semi-transparent layer of pale blue polygons (output) and a
boundary.

So you can see that some of the output looks 'good', as in, regular and
usable, but on the right-hand side there is some obvious 'bad' results that
I cannot completely explain. The missing polygons are almost certainly
because I have culled any polygons from the output that included points
outside the boundary. But there are also appears to be some 'bad' polygons
in the output that overlap 'good' ones.

So I guess my initial question is: is this a typical symptom of something
that other users of the voronoi_diagram recognize?

I'm using Boost.Geometry for all other geometric processing.

Thanks, cheers.

Jeremy