Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [1.58.0] Release candidates available
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-06 00:44:47

On Sun, Apr 5, 2015 at 2:51 PM, Marshall Clow <mclow.lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Release candidate files for 1.58.0 are available at:
> http://boost.cowic.de/rc/
>
> As always, the release managers would appreciate it if you download
> the candidate of your choice and give building it a try. Please report
> both success and failure, and anything else that is noteworthy.
>
> This helps ensure the candidates build OK before we push them out to
> SourceForge.

I have successfully built the boost libraries with both clang and gcc on
Mac OS X for C++03,11 and 14.
However, I have been only been able to build them one at a time. Specifying
multiple tool sets for b2 gives an error:

[ darwin-11 and darwin-14, etc are defined in my user-config.jam ]

./b2 -j 4 --toolset=darwin-11
[snip]
...updated 1016 targets...

The Boost C++ Libraries were successfully built!

The following directory should be added to compiler include paths:
[snip]

./b2 -j 4 --toolset=darwin-14
[snip]
...updated 1016 targets...

The Boost C++ Libraries were successfully built!

The following directory should be added to compiler include paths:
[snip]

./b2 -j 4 --toolset=darwin-11,darwin-14
MPI auto-detection failed: unknown wrapper compiler mpic++
Please report this error to the Boost mailing list: http://www.boost.org
You will need to manually configure MPI support.
Performing configuration checks

    - 32-bit : no (cached)
    - 64-bit : yes (cached)
    - arm : no (cached)
    - mips1 : no (cached)
    - power : no (cached)
    - sparc : no (cached)
    - x86 : yes (cached)

Building the Boost C++ Libraries.

    - lockfree boost::atomic_flag : yes (cached)
    - has_icu builds : no (cached)
warning: Graph library does not contain MPI-based parallel components.
note: to enable them, add "using mpi ;" to your user-config.jam
    - zlib : yes (cached)
    - iconv (libc) : no (cached)
    - iconv (separate) : yes (cached)
    - icu : no (cached)
    - icu (lib64) : no (cached)
    - compiler-supports-ssse3 : no (cached)
    - compiler-supports-avx2 : no (cached)
    - gcc visibility : yes (cached)
    - long double support : yes (cached)
warning: skipping optional Message Passing Interface (MPI) library.
note: to enable MPI support, add "using mpi ;" to user-config.jam.
note: to suppress this message, pass "--without-mpi" to bjam.
note: otherwise, you can safely ignore this message.
    - zlib : yes (cached)
    - 32-bit : no (cached)
    - 64-bit : yes (cached)
    - arm : no (cached)
    - mips1 : no (cached)
    - power : no (cached)
    - sparc : no (cached)
    - x86 : yes (cached)
    - lockfree boost::atomic_flag : yes (cached)
    - has_icu builds : no (cached)
    - zlib : yes (cached)
    - iconv (libc) : no (cached)
    - iconv (separate) : yes (cached)
    - icu : no (cached)
    - icu (lib64) : no (cached)
    - compiler-supports-ssse3 : no (cached)
    - compiler-supports-avx2 : no (cached)
    - gcc visibility : yes (cached)
    - long double support : yes (cached)
    - zlib : yes (cached)
error: Name clash for '<pstage/lib>libboost_python.a'
error:
error: Tried to build the target twice, with property sets having
error: these incompatible properties:
error:
error: - <library>object(searched-lib-target)@6216
<toolset-darwin:version>11
error: - <library>object(searched-lib-target)@10007
<toolset-darwin:version>14
error:
error: Please make sure to have consistent requirements for these
error: properties everywhere in your project, especially for install
error: targets.

-- Marshall