Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Multiple defined symbols
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-08 14:45:19

AMDG

On 04/08/2015 12:30 PM, David Medine wrote:
> Along these lines, I have been having the opposite problem on Mac --
> trying to link only with static libraries and getting the dynamic
> libraries instead. What are the magic words there? Something like
>
> -DBOOST_NO_DYN_LINK, -DBOOST_ALL_LIB_LINK ???

There is no autolinking on OSX. If the linker
is finding the wrong library, you'll need to
change the link command to search for a static
library, instead.

> I have to don't understand why it would ever be advantageous for any
> library to autolink behind the programmer's back. I'm sure there must be
> a reason, though.

autolink always chooses the library that
matches your build settings. It's very
easy to get this wrong if you're linking
manually.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe