Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [IPC Named Mutex]
From: Lorenzo Trivelli (trivelli.lorenzo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-16 10:10:02

>One thing you could try...in interprocess's win32_api.hpp, there is another implementation of get_last_bootup_time() which uses WMI instead of the event log (there were warnings in the source about WMI not supporting hibernation/clock changes correctly, so beware). If you define
>BOOST_INTERPROCESS_BOOTSTAMP_IS_LASTBOOTUPTIME
>it should use that other version...give that a try. (in visual studio Project Properties -> C/C++ -> Preprocessor -> Preprocessor Definitions: add a semi colon ';' then t

Thanks Tom, I'll try to fallback to the "old" WMI version
(which BTW worked in the 1.44 version I we used before)

I'd also be glad to fix it by myself and so help boost developement,
, but I do not completely understand the usage of the system boot time...
If boost needs in some way a tmestamp to differentiate things,
in my opinion there are plenty of them to use instead of the
last boot time.

Obviously it has been done for a reason, but I cannot understand why :-D

Best regards
Lorenzo