Subject: Re: [Boost-users] multiprecision -- eigen matrices using dynamically allocated variable-precision mpfr_float
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-16 14:21:48

On 15/04/2015 19:35, Daniel Brake wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> > Can you try building with BOOST_NO_CXX11_RVALUE_REFERENCES defined
> and see if that fixes the issue?
>
> I assumed you meant to compile my executable, not all of boost and
> then my executable. I have attempted to compile my program with
> #define BOOST_NO_CXX11_RVALUE_REFERENCES, defined prior to my
> #inclusions, and I get two compiler errors. I'm using
> clang-600.0.57. Here are the errors:

Never mind, false lead anyway - there's a bug in the assignment operator
of mpfr_float_backend - the operator:

mpfr_float_backend& operator=(const mpfr_float_backend& o)

Needs to be a no-op in the case of self-assignment, otherwise the call
to mpfr_set_prec sets the value to NaN, even though the precision and
value doesn't actually change in this case :(

There'll be an official patch shortly, but I need to wait for the
revised tests to complete first (to make sure they catch this).

John.