Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost container help
From: U.Mutlu (for-gmane_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-07 04:21:06

Uthpal Urubail wrote on 05/06/2015 11:11 AM:
> Experts,
> I am looking for help on a container where I could group the objects having similar properties
> Ex:
> struct phyProp
> {
> unsigned int color;
> double height;
> double weight;
> std::string location;
> };
>
> Can I use boost for grouping the objects having same property? [With tolerance?]
> Any help is highly appreciated.
> Regards,
> UJ

Use std::set with your own comparator, ie. the comparison function
has to give a return value according your grouping.
Add such a "less comparator" into your struct:

// comparator:
bool operator<(const phyProp& Other) const
{
   if (color < Other.color) return true;
   if (color > Other.color) return false;
   if (height < Other.height) return true;
   if (height > Other.height) return false;
   //...
   return true;
}

I think boost MultiIndex should do the job too as it
looks like a superset of the std containers (I unfortunately
haven't used this yet, but will try it out soon).

--
Uenal