Subject: [Boost-users] Boost.Coroutine Debian package
From: Konrad Zemek (konrad.zemek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-13 10:09:02

Hey everyone,

I have asked this question the person who introduced Boost.Coroutine
in the Debian package (control files can be found in debian svn
repository [1]) a few days ago but have not received a reply:

Does anyone happen to know why - for Debian package - Boost.Coroutine
is built as a static library only? Our project prefers dynamic
linking, and we also need -fPIC since we're building shared libraries
as well, yet Boost.Coroutine is one of two libraries (the other one
being Boost.Exception) built only as a non-fPIC static version.

I have modified the control files to enable building
libboost_coroutine.so, and we're currently using it for our project
seemingly without any problem, but it worries me that there must have
been a reason for the special treatment of Boost.Coroutine package.

And a "by the way" question if anyone happens to know, I'm curious why
Debian unstable still provides Boost 1.55 as the newest version?

[1] svn://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-boost/boost

    Konrad