Subject: [Boost-users] threads and async questions and asnwers
From: Victor Yankee (victor.whiskey.yankee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-21 16:18:39

Hello List,

I have a thread with a class and its method that raises a "question" signal
and needs to wait with a timeout for an "answer" signal.

There are several worker threads, some of which may be connected to the
question signal. The answer signal will be raised by a worker thread only
if it knows the answer; it is possible that no worker thread knows the
answer so no answer signal will be raised (hence need for timeout). The
question thread cannot know which worker thread to ask.

What is a good way to achieve this using boost 1.58 and/or C++11? I am
using g++ 4.9 on 64bit ubuntu 14.04.

Thanks,
Vic