Subject: [Boost-users] Problems to use Boost Graph
From: Oodini (svdbg____at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-29 12:21:51

Hello,

I am trying to understand the boost::dijkstra_shortest_paths() function.
I don't understand the second and third arguments. The documentation says they're supposed to be properties map :

OUT: predecessor_map(PredecessorMap p_map)
    The predecessor map records the edges in the shortest path tree, the tree
    computed by the traversal of the graph. Upon completion of the algorithm,
    the edges (p[u],u) for all u in V are in the tree. The shortest path from
    vertex s to each vertex v in the graph consists of the vertices v, p[v],
    p[p[v]], and so on until s is reached, in reverse order. The tree is not
    guaranteed to be a minimum spanning tree. If p[u] = u then u is either
    the source vertex or a vertex that is not reachable from the source.
    The PredecessorMap type must be a Read/Write Property Map whose key and
    value types are the same as the vertex descriptor type of the graph.

but that doesn't work. I have to use an iterator on the properties map, by using :

boost::make_iterator_property_map(pred_map.begin(),vertex_index)

Does the documentation need reviewers ?