Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.DLL formal review is ongoing
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir.prus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-04 02:39:51

On 7/4/2015 12:16 AM, Klaim - Joël Lamotte wrote:
> Also, I did a lot of different plugin systems in the past so I am not sure
> what someone unexposed to this kind of system would think of the code.
> I suspect that the table in the QuickStart page might scare such people at first,
> but in the same time I find it very useful as a summary of how to use the library.
> I didn't have any problem with the tutorial so far.

FWIW, I found that table to be somewhat confusing as well. When looking at the
table for the first time, it sounded as if importing/exporting C++03 and C++11
function is somehow different, but:

- For exporting, the examples are the same except for C++11 one using rvalue type for
   parameter.

- Likewise, the difference between importing C++11 function and C++ function appears
   to be the use of 'auto'

- So, I conclude that in reality, these are identical, and mentioning them as separately
rows in the table is just confusing. Maybe they should be collapsed, with two different
alternatives specified for importing part?

Thanks,
Volodya