Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Interprocess] posix robust mutex and EOWNERDEAD
From: Malko (malko.bravi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-07 01:55:53

Sorry, I was not clear in my previous post: pthread_mutex_consistent() is
exactly what I need.

I can not see the additional complexity, could you please give me a hint
for some research on the matter?
If the issue is only related to how actually recover a consistent state
in the data protected by the mutex, then I have ways to deal with that, for
my specific application at least: I was thinking of storing a function
object in my cache-mutex that would notify higher level code of the issue
and start the recovery procedure for the data since I have redundancy. And, if
worst comes to worst, I can also afford to "discard" the computations
performed by the thread accessing the mutex until its content is marked as
good by the higher level code.

Thanks